Tourists Covid-19 Protocol
Please read the below mentioned carefully, before travel
This is a general guide for the protocol to be followed to all the Incoming guests, from the list of Govt Issued guidelines these are some selected important points.
- As the order no: 959 dated 03 Aug 2021, lockdown / restricted movement shall continue to be in force in the South Andaman District, (Port Blair, Havelock and Neil Island), from 04 Aug 21 with no movement of men and materials from 2200 hrs. to 0600 hrs.
- Persons above the age of 65, Pregnant women, and children below the age of 10 are advised not to travel for tourism purpose. (only advised and is not a rule)
- Aarogya Setu App shall be mandatory for all incoming visitors.
- All tourists need to carry Covid-19 negative test report from mainland based ICMR approved lab RTPCR, further the sample for RTPCR test should have been taken within 48 hours prior to Starting of journey. Please note at the time of boarding the flight which is coming to Port Blair the report must be valid and must be below 48 hours of sample collected.
Example: If a tourist takes a flight from Delhi at 0600 hrs. on 1st Sep 2021, then his sample for RTPCR, test should have been taken not before 0600 hrs. on 30th Aug 2021.
- The Tourists on arrival has to undergo mandatory RTPCR test free of cost, later thereafter tourists are allowed to move to their respective hotels, further they will have to be under quarantine in Port Blair in the respective hotels until the test result of RTPCR test are received.
- In Case the test is Positive, the same has to remain in Institutional in hotels notified by the Hoteliers association.
- Tourists may also have to undergo random RAPID Antigen test conducted from time to time on payment basis. (Will be between 100-500).
- The beaches will be open from 1000 hrs. to 1700 hrs.
- Tourists / Visitors above 65 years will not be allowed on beach.
- Tourists are requested to maintain a distance of 2 meters in all public places.
- Tourists will not be entertained without mask in any tourist spots.
- Spitting and smoking is restricted in all Museums / Cellular jail
- No food and eatables are allowed inside museum / Cellular Jail
- Group photography not allowed at cellular Jail / Beach
- Cellular Jail:
- Museum: 0900-1300 hrs. and 1300 hrs. to1600 hrs. Max of 350 visitors in the first slot and 300 visitors in the second slot will be allowed.
- Light and Sound Show: only Two show1720 hrs. and 1840 hrs., Max 250 Visitors in each show.
Tourists visiting Baratang and Diglipur.
- Have to undergo RAPID Antigen test at specified location by the Govt. on Andaman before entering the Reserve forest area or ATR.
- RAPID Antigen test will be on chargeable basis.
Tourists shall dispose of face mask / covers / gloves and other leftovers only in the dustbin, if there is no dustbin request you to please carry it back to the hotel / any specific area of dustbin and dispose it properly.
The above is just a selection of important points from the protocol prescribed by the Andaman and Nicobar Administration, this may change without notice, please call us @ 9734488990 for any update on the same.
Please refer the guidelines issued by the civil aviation (as we have only flight option to travel to Andaman) before commencing the journey.